So, want to know the political talking points to shut down your smug lefty brother-in-law or chatty airhead neighbor during the upcoming weekend?
You’ve come to the right place.
Because this is Friday Roundup:
- Much to the annoyance of the mirthless Dems, the president threw a hell of a party on the DC Mall for the Fourth of July. Those of us who had hoped he would stage a proper coup d’état —I mean the tanks and APCs were right there— were sorely disappointed at his democratic discretion, but not at his unifying patriotic message. Four Dem presidential contenders went to a parade in New Hampshire and sulked because they couldn’t have neat flyovers of their own.
- The president is covering his tracks, he took heed of the conservative pushback, as he beats a senseless retreat on the census citizenship question. It seems you can tell when Trump is changing his tune by the heightened tone of the hyperbole he uses to distract from the climb down.
- The San Francisco School Board has decided to take down a fresco of George Washington because they deem it and him racist. Though apparently they believe one cannot be racist against white males.
- In a win for the president, the GOP, and the nation, wacky Rep. Justin Amash of Michigan is leaving the Republican Party. He just can’t handle the heat in the kitchen. He may go Libertarian.
- Nike caved to traitorous race hustler Colin Kaepernick and dropped a Betsy Ross flag-emblazoned sneaker close to the Fourth of July. They also plan to put out an Imperial Japanese Navy cross trainer on December 7th.
- Though the Anti-Defamation League says the flag is cool. Mazel tov!
- Putin of Russia is, rather than stop cheating, tearing up the more than 30-year-old INF Treaty that kept medium-range nuclear missiles out of Europe. Soon my old unit, The Pershing Missile Brigade (56th Artillery), may once again get to commence the training that enabled us, if so ordered, to lob a multi-stage bird into the window of the men’s room at the Kremlin.
- The harpies at “The View” are ganging up on poor Meghan McCain for her relatively conservative views and she, after regularly insulting the president, seems not to like being insulted herself. She may walk. She may stay. Either way, the average IQ at “The View” will stay at subterranean levels.
- Navy SEAL Eddie Gallagher was found innocent of six of the seven charges against him and will go home with a reduction in rank and time served. His unit medic confessed to the killing, but only after getting immunity from the prosecution, whose case he then proceeded to thoroughly submarine. Hmmmm…
- Austin, Texas will now allow homeless people to camp out and tent-up pretty much any place they like. Though local businesses and even homeless advocates opposed the measure, the mayor and city council approved it. Though one doubts the reception for the homeless would be so warm if they tried to perch at the mayor’s residence. Some animals are more equal than others…
Have a good weekend.