To cover the weekend news and give you info to arm yourselves for possible ideological and social combat, we beneficently bring you Monday Briefing:
- Internal Dem conflict continues to heighten as classic red on red combatants took to the ether to air their various grievances. Republicans broke out the good scotch. Pelosi said “All these people have their public whatever and their Twitter world…They’re four people and that’s how many votes they got,” referring to the hard-left Dem coven in the House. Tlaib shot back telling her to focus on Mitch McConnell and that she was “disappointed” that the Speaker would “try to diminish our voices in so many ways.”
- Then Biden said the Dem average voter was not “way left” and called himself “center-left” but, trying to make up for it with the loons, called AOC “brilliant.” Harris shot back, gloating over making Biden apologize about working with Senators in his own party. Biden then reminded the Dem hard-left that moderates gave them their 2018 House win. AOC responded to that with a basic grunt and denial. Bernie and de Blasio are going after Biden with a pickaxe. But no one is listening. Warren is smiling.
- Purple-haired U.S. women’s soccer player Megan Rapinoe is telling anyone who will lend an ear she will not go to the White House after the team’s Women’s World Cup win. One problem though: she hasn’t been invited nor is likely to be. She is trying to catch the Kaepernick wave of lefty sports figures. And like the rest of them, she is tedious and irrelevant.
- France is trying to play peacemaker over the Iranian nuke program, as she once played peacemaker by not reoccupying the Rhineland when she had the chance, selling out Czechoslovakia, and letting the Hun invade Poland unencumbered in the West.
- The Running of the Bulls once again graced Pamplona, Spain. As normal, runners were gored. This proves about the nation of my heritage what P.J. O’Rourke satirically opined in the National Lampoon, “As hot of blood as they are dim of mind.”
- GOP Rep. Will Hurd of Texas wants to expand the diversity of the Texas Republican Party. Good idea. As long as it is expanded by bringing people to the party by ideas communicated in their cultural context, not pandering to them because of ethnicity or color. Dems do that enough for both parties.
- A Washington Post/ABC News poll puts the president at 47 percent approval, the highest point in his time in office in their poll. They also say he would lose to Bernie Sanders. Both polls are too early to be meaningful and reflect the biases of their sponsors. Polls won’t matter until after the first GOP/Dem presidential debate.
- And finally, a brave young woman, Jillian Graham (stage name “Tiny Jag”), who is a rap singer, pulled out of a Michigan music festival when she found out that white people would be charged double at the door. In her stand against Bolshie racism —she is biracial— the usual suspects have lined up against her. Their reasoning is that “people of color” don’t have the same shot at entertainment choices that whites do and as rap is an African-American art form…you get the drift. Wonder how they would feel if “people of color” were charged double the ticket price at the door of a country music show?
Because country music promoters aren’t dumb or racists, I doubt we’ll find out. Have a good week.