Ready for the work week? Neither are we. But it’s here and you’ll have to deal with that annoying guy down the hall and his petty little clone in accounting. Though if they dare to speak to you before you get your 8a.m. coffee and have the further audacity to bring up current politics, cultural or electoral, you can make them whine for mercy.
Because you read Monday Briefing:
- Democrats went radio silent and implicitly backed protestors who ripped down the U.S. Flag and substituted it with the Mexican flag late last week at an ICE facility in Colorado. The churls also took down a Blue Lives Matter flag, defaced it with “Abolish ICE” graffiti, and ran it back up upside down. All this and not a word from any Dem. If someone had looked sideways at an Antifa thug? You can bet they would have been crying “Trump is a fascist,” of course, without knowing the meaning of the term “fascist.”
- In related news, the very same people who took down the U.S. flag were probably shaking in their beds immediately afterwards, as brave ICE agents enforced the law across the nation last weekend. Though one wonders if predawn raids should really have that much prepublicity.
- A rule in politics and in life is when your enemies are hurting themselves you should stay out of the way. Somebody ring up the White House switchboard with that, as the president on Sunday tweeted out a very legit criticism of Ilhan Omar that any idiot could see could be easily twisted into a bigoted perception. The president sent it out anyway. Now the Dems can change the subject, and take a break from their civil war, as they bash the president with their false analysis that many gits, always a majority of voters, will buy. The man needs to learn tactical message discipline.
- The producers of the James Bond franchise have let out a rumor that the new Bond, after Daniel Craig’s imminent last go at the series, will be a black British actress. While she may be fine at her craft, this act of cinematic affirmative action is a ridiculous and pathetic attempt to curry favor with those who will never see a Bond film while alienating long-time fans. In other developments, in an upcoming remake of Moby Dick the whale will be played by a handicapped lesbian of color who has difficulty swimming.
- Joe Biden showed a little guts last Friday when he refused to apologize for three million deported illegals when he served as veep. He was being challenged on actually upholding the law by the usual suspects of race hustlers and border jumpers.
- Seriously undiplomatic diplomat Kim Darroch, the former British ambassador to the U.S., was again outed for idiotic political analysis. This time he supported the completely discredited Steele Dossier against the president and then said Trump tore up the Iran nuke deal only because the disgraced 44th president negotiated it. Good riddance to this pedestrian thinker and knee-jerk conformist.
- And finally, Manhattan has recently been plunged into an overwhelming total darkness that encompasses the lives of many city residents. There was also a blackout on Saturday.
Have a good week.