In those Monday nether times in bed before you get up, with breakfast, or during the at least thirty minutes at your desk prior to actually starting work, you need to know what happened during the weekend. We can help with that.
Because this is Monday Briefing:
- Living close to Baltimore you get to know the place. Sure, there are nice areas around Fells Point, Inner Harbor, Federal Hill, and the like. But Congressman Elijah Cummings (D-MD) does not represent those. His district looks like Berlin in April 1945 and is just as downtrodden and twice as bullet-ridden. He has done nothing effective to change that. But that doesn’t stop him from trying to distract from his dismal record by insulting the president. However, Donald Trump fights back after being slandered with the shopworn Dem line of “racist.” When Trump, quoting Bernie Sanders, noted the horrid state of Cummings’ district, the usual suspects went for the tired canard once again. Then the president hit them right back with their own “racist” line, no doubt confusing them beyond measure and rendering the line increasingly moot by overexposure. Probably what he intended all along.
- On a related note, apparently you can’t criticize a minority politician, no matter what they do or don’t, without being likened to a Kluxer by Dems. Which is denying said non-white pols their basic humanity, as real people come in at all levels of morality and should be regarded as such based on their individual views and actions, not race. To do the opposite and treat them as precious china dolls immune from criticism, as the leftist hive does, is patronizing bigotry of the worst order. Par for the course for the party of slavery, Jim Crow, and Bull O’Connor.
- Jerry Nadler is facing an AOC-like primary opponent. So he’s going to defy logic and fact and keep sounding like Che Guevara to head off the challenge at the pass. Will that work in classic redder than red New York? Ask Joe Crowley, AOC’s primary opponent.
- And speaking of the Big Rotten Apple, its mayor is running for president and his staff terms the campaign “a joke.” Bill de Blasio, not content with driving The City further into the toilet, now wants to give the rest of us with the sense not to live there the benefit of his sagacity. At this prospect his own campaign rolls their eyes. No thanks, Bill. Caracas-Upon-Hudson is not our preferred cup of fetid tea. Neither are the myriad number of failing leftist utopias like L.A. and San Francisco. Both run by Dems and both in a state of medieval public sanitation. Quelle surprise.
- One may charitably say Marianne Williamson has the leadership potential of a squirrel. But she has something else in common with the furry rodent. She is capable of finding a nut once in a blue moon. Her recent statement that “antidepressants are overprescribed for normal human despair” reeks of common sense. Thank God she will in all likelihood soon return to her rhetorical home on the Planet Zipmorp or we might have to take her seriously.
- A woman on the Mediterranean island of Cypress accused twelve Israeli young men of rape. They denied it. They physically proved they could not have done it and she recanted yesterday. Now she is facing charges. Good. There is a special place in hell for women who falsely accuse men of rape. They ruin male lives and cast a shadow on legitimate reports of sexual assault. But they will go on being believed by those who profit from their psychosis. Some of them will even get awards and book deals if they lie about the right people.
- Congressman Devin Nunes (R-CA), on the trail of Dem trickery related to the Russian hoax, tweeted a curious message yesterday. It said “Corn ready to be cut!” Most here in metro DC doubt he was talking about agriculture. And the plot thickens.
- And finally, in another Russian matter, a man arrested at a Moscow anti-government demonstration on Saturday said on Instagram “I have been detained and am now at a police station wearing shorts like a stupid man.” Several U.S. House Judiciary Committee members have assured the public that Christopher Steele is investigating the Putin-engineered lack of pants conspiracy. Hearings are scheduled. Have a good week.