Now that we’re in the middle of summer you know this weekend or next you’re going to be inevitably invited to a cookout at the place of a coworker or maybe a coworker of your spouse.
So you’re sitting there with a beer and burger and the bore, or bores, start approaching you with that “let’s be pals” look in their eyes that means they will start a conversation. As they are bores, they are also likely to be leftists.
You have three options: nod and smile, agree with whatever they say to make them go away, or give it back to them good and hard. That’s where we come in.
Welcome to Friday Roundup:
- Rumors in DC at Thursday night happy-hour confabs are that AOC and her galpals feel that Nancy Pelosi is letting them down in their mentally outgunned fight with the president. So soon they plan sisterhood payback with a stunt that will lump the speaker and the president together on a hot topic (could be immigration) and go right up to the line without actually calling Pelosi a racist. Pelosi has been around long enough, since the Polk administration, to know that all their huffing and puffing is just playing into Trump’s hands by making the hard-left airheads the media-overexposed faces of the entire Democratic Party. But the narcissism and downright stupidity of AOC and her mindnumb coven will not let them back off even an inch.
- Trump has chosen Gene Scalia, son of late conservative SCOTUS ace Antonin Scalia, to replace Acosta at Labor. The younger Scalia is a solid guy with a good background that will serve him well in keeping the department out of the hands of monosyllabic labor goons. Thus, the Dems will put up a fight and they will lose. Again.
- Virulent anti-Semite and millinery catastrophe Dem Rep. Ilhan Omar has, true to form, introduced an anti-Israeli bill in the House supporting the Boycott Israel (BDS) movement. That’s another hit at Pelosi and establishment Dems who know Jewish supporters are one of their most loyal voting blocks. Of course, why Jews continue to support a party that refuses to take on a rabid Jew-baiter like Omar is perplexing. By doing so they hand Omar the platform to hurt themselves and Israel. It is sad that classic Jewish guilt has morphed into modern Jewish masochism.
- The CNN hosting of Dem debates later this month has already turned into farce as they used a game show format to set up the debate lineups and then staffed the debates not with news figures, but with their Marxist-Leninist opinion staff. Expect softballs, PC slobbering, and anti-Trump setups from those Bolshie Dem lapdogs. Pray to your deity of choice; I will personally lobby Blongdor the Flying Wolf God, that Marianne Williamson gets lots of airtime.
- Has-been Broadway actress Patti LuPone decided to direct a lame anti-gay slur at straight GOP Senator Lindsey Graham. Other Dems like Chelsea Handler have done the same. This from the denizens of NYC and Hollywood, two areas that lead the country in creepy sexual deviancy, so you’d think they could come up with a better slur. But effete hysteria puts them off their A game when the target is a GOP leader who helped shoot down the attack against Kavanaugh and who recently amusingly and accurately called AOC and her mindless crew “communists.” Even if he was gay, the man’s personal life is solely his own business. However, leftist hypocrisy on sexual orientation is for all to see.
- Off-puttingly hairy Dem Rep. Al Green (No, the ubercool singer has not lost his mind. This is some idiot from Texas with the same name) tucked tail and ran out of a CNN interview when reporter Kate Bolduan dared to ask him if his recent massive and embarrassing loss on a House vote to impeach the president has backfired. He was probably so shocked to get a real question from CNN he went running to find an oxygen mask to revive himself.
- Lame duck British Prime Minister Theresa May is going out of office as she came in: incompetent, ineffective, an inane. Her last speech hit Trump and Euro populist leaders who represent their peoples and get things done. Not like May, who hemmed and hawed as events and the responsibilities of high office overcame her like a slow-witted starling in a Channel storm. Likely PM Boris Johnson, who should take center stage next week, will be a welcome change from this kitten-heeled failed politician.
- The U.S. destroyed a makeshift Iranian drone in the Strait of Hormuz yesterday. Marines on board the USS Boxer splashed the nuisance using advanced jamming gear. The Iranians also seized a UAE tanker the day before. Things there are about to get way interesting in a particularly unfortunate way for the former Persians.
- And finally, just in time for a dose of Danger Zone patriotic fervor to help the president turn out the vote, the badass looking “Top Gun” sequel is coming to the box office in 2020. It follows now-Captain Maverick and his old and new swabo buds as they battle brass, bad guys, and drones. This trailer looks mega-awesome. Or should that be, “MAGA-awesome”? Have a good weekend.