You’re with your pals or the family at a local restaurant, maybe a bar. You’re having fun and talking about friends and work when some jerk at the next table starts braying about politics.
It’s “Trump this” or “racist that” or some other idiocy designed to showcase their moral superiority over lesser mortals. You don’t care about politics then, you just want to have fun with your pals and the bellowing is ruining it. Your face shows it. The git, incensed at your non-worshipping attitude, turns its gender-vague visage towards you. Want to make the fool think again?
Welcome to Friday Roundup:
- Speaker Nancy Pelosi and AOC continue to fall out over impeachment. AOC wants it, no matter how politically damaging to the Dems. Nancy is strategically smarter than that. She is imploring Dems who want impeachment not to talk down Dems who don’t. But AOC and her young crones aren’t listening, they’re taking names. Pelosi will have to put this mangy feline down soon or risk taking her frothing yap into 2020 and reelecting the president by giving him a perfect foil to run against. But with the Dems so infected with socialism it’s not an easy chore. Is the speaker up to it? Smart money says no.
- Over a dozen Marines at Camp Pendleton have been charged with human smuggling and illegal drug violations. In most militaries this would be considered heinous. In the Corps it is considered a good weekend.
- The ridiculously named former MSNBC host Krystal Ball (no, for real) is taking current MSNBC host Rachel Maddow to task for falling into the Mueller as demigod trap and collusion hoax. As the left goes after itself tooth and nail in a roaring crescendo of hilarious backbiting and recriminations, it is so nice to see them do this the year before a presidential election. Even though Miss Ball is easy on the eye, her protestations emanate from the left, not the right. Thus by exception proving the rule that leftism and its ugly stepsister feminism is a grove generally inhabited by bovine legions of females not pretty enough to be conservatives.
- The Unfab Four of Omar, AOC, etc. have taken to comparing Israel with Nazi Germany. The irony escapes them, as does even basic history. The bag of hammers’ collective intellect of the four is so underwhelming that when not dissolving into fits of hysteria, both mental and physical, they can’t summon up even a half-decent Bolshie historical comparison. Here’s a hint girls: The Nazis are the ones who made everything about race. Just like you.
- The best move new British Prime Minister Boris Johnson has made so far is appointing Chief Brexiteer and pious Roman Catholic Jacob Rees-Mogg as Tory Leader in the House of Commons. A brilliant scholar and parliamentarian, Rees-Mogg is a gentleman amongst social climbers and Trotskyites. He and his wife have six children. The youngest is named Sixtus Dominic Boniface Christopher. Perhaps this is a sign the Stuarts are making their long-awaited return? No? Well, a lad can dream.
- Iran test-fired a ballistic missile Wednesday, using the chunk of last-minute cash airlifted to it by the disgraced 44th president to potentially threaten Western interests and kill innocent Israelis. By Barry’s Baath Party member immediate calculations that is wonderful return on investment. When the Tehran mullahs go one step too far and are put in their place by the likely triple play trio of Trump to Bibi to Boris, his catamite squeals of delight may not be so loud.
- Rep. Omar has come out against the renewed federal use of the death penalty against murderers and the like. Apparently in her view the only people deserving of state execution are innocent kulaks and Jews. Not in that order.
- In the best hypocrisy of the season so far, slave-wage payer Bernie Sanders loves workers in theory, just not so much when they actually work for him. When his own staffers complained they make below the $15 an hour he advocates for everybody in the nation he, in true robber baron style, essentially told them to naff off. Rumor is his next move will be to call in the Pinkertons. If only…
- Joe Biden holds a commanding lead right now in most Dem polls. He is glad to hear that, as were Presidents Jeb Bush and Hillary Clinton in polls this early on in 2015.
- Michael Moore, continuing in his role as a GOP deep cover operative, begs his party to ditch old white males who may be center-left and nominate a hard-left woman of color who will mainly play to young voters. Apparently he thinks, as the Dems did in 2016, yelling in an echo chamber is the path to victory. Voters will probably think otherwise. We can only encourage him in his reverse psyops and assure him the RNC check is in the mail.
- And finally, a woman in New Mexico who ordered food at a Sonic drive-thru earlier this week told the cashier when asked for payment, “this one’s on God.” Word from the Divine Creator’s office was not forthcoming on this specific instance, but it is widely known he only picks up tabs for fish sandwiches and the occasional Merlot. Have a good weekend.