So, looking for the smartass weekly news brief to shut down your annoying feminist aunt or gullible pompous lefty college students at weekend family get togethers?
You’ve come to the right place.
Because this is Friday Roundup:
- Pelosi folded and gave the president a win yesterday, as the House passed a bi-partisan bill on border security after Pelosi felt the heat from the GOP House caucus and moderate Dems. The president will sign the bill, as the Senate already passed it. AOC and her leftist ilk are livid and will now say stuff that will make them sound ever loonier. Score one for the good guys.
- SCOTUS makes life easier for the political class by implicitly endorsing gerrymandering —by legislators, not the courts— and hands Trump a temporary setback by blocking a citizenship question on the census in a short-term win for the Dems. It sent the issue back down the judicial ziggurat. Trump may delay the census until the question is decisively resolved.
- A total wack job claimed the president assaulted her decades ago while, get this…she was modeling lingerie for him in a department store dressing room. To facilitate the sale of her recent book, she then told Anderson Cooper rape was “sexy.” Cooper immediately went to commercial break.
- Petulant teenage fascist David Hogg claims he has suffered through multiple assassination attempts. He also claimed that they would have succeeded, but an aide moved the briefcase at the last minute thus shielding him from most of the blast.
- CA GOP Congressman Duncan Hunter seems to have used campaign money to cheat on his wife with numerous bimbos. Knowing this, his district reelected him last year anyway. Well, it is California.
- The Turks slapped their wannabe dictator in the face, as Erdogan’s Islamist party got clobbered even worse in an Ankara city election after foolishly asking for a mulligan vote.
- John Stewart, the sometimes funny comedian, is pissed off 9-11 first responders had a good meeting with Mitch McConnell on legislation regarding funding for their comrades’ health issues. This doesn’t let Stewart use Mitch as a target to raise money to fund his upcoming run for political office in New York.
- Some chick, I think, who plays for the U.S. Women’s soccer team doesn’t like the president and won’t go to the White House if the team gets invited. The athlete would be better served by directing her ire at whoever sent her to House of Rachel Maddow to get her hair done.
- The disgraced 44th president and his classic red comrades have yet again been revealed to have planned and aided in the abortive clumsy coup against the president. However, he’s still in office. So they lose another time.
- The upcoming Mueller testimony before the House will reveal nothing of real importance. Though the Dems and media will play it up as the Second Coming. It’s yesterday’s story and the country has moved on just as CNN’s ratings have moved on, and on, and on down into a very dark hole.
- Beto O’Rourke is even being mocked by reliably leftist late-night hosts for his Speedy Gonzalez-like attempt to use Spanish at the Dem debate this last week. Cory Booker almost laughed out loud at him.
- Want info and a review on the second Dem debate?
Read my other column today that covers that manure show. Annnnnd, we’re out. Have a good weekend.